Controllers

Controllers

What color would you like to see next from AFK Cosmetics?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lets take it all off tonight!

So tonight I decided to do a demonstration of something I think is highly under appreciated in the makeup world. Makeup removal and cleansing! I have seen (and been guilty of in the past) far too many mistakes from sleeping with your makeup on, to over scrubbing which leads to breakouts.

Now before we get started I want you to know I have been under a lot of stress and my skin is  showing the effects, so for me to post my bare face is a BIG deal right now. But I really feel proper cleansing is so important, I went ahead and made a little image tutorial of my nightly routine.

A little about my skin type: I have terrible combination skin, I get oily on my forehead, nose, and cheeks thorough the day, but I get dry patches on the top, and creases of my nose, as well as my jawline around my chin. I don't generally get pimples, but I have an issue with blackheads I am still working on finding the perfect product for. My skin is quite sensitive and dries out at the slightest bit of alcohol and many products can leave my skin irritated and reddish. 
Add caption
My starting face, heavily made up for a St Pattys day contest I was entering
 First off start with a good makeup remover, whether it be liquid or wipes, I'm using Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit facial cleansing towelettes today since I havent been wearing my makeup very long. But if I have been wearing it through a whole work day or gone out I will use a liquid.
 Gently wipe all of the makeup off your face, this will probably take a few wipes, don't be stingy with them!
 Wrap a clean wipe around your finger like so and GENTLY so very, very gently wipe off all your eye makeup. I have seen far too many girls scrub their eyes roughly and that is about the worst thing you can do!Use the very tip of your finger to get the lash line, lots of reserve makeup can be left behind in there. Be careful though, don't get it in your eyes!
                                                      All clean!
 Next its cleansing time. Since this is my night time routine I will of course be going to bed after this. I use Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser. I prefer natural cleansers because they tend to be more gentle on my skin and I have annoyingly sensitive skin. We do not have a large selection of face washes where I live and I tried most of them from Clean and Clear to Olay and every drug store brand in between and nothing has been better. Now I would like to state that I don't think this is a perfect face wash, and if I had more of a selection I could possibly find something a little better. BUT if drug store is all you can afford or like me all you have available, then this is a damn good face wash for your money!
 Using luke warm water, NOT HOT, rub the cleanser in small circles on  your face, I generally wash for around a minute.
 Toner time! Now THIS is a perfect product for my skin. Formula 10.0.5 So Totally Clean toner. I bought it on a whim off Ulta.com and I can say for sure I will be buying this forever! It is so gentle but effective, after all this cleansing I this baby makes sure to get any last speck of dirt or makeup around! This really helps with my oil problem without drying my skin out in the slightest bit. I use a bit on a cotton pad, and starting at the bottom of my face use upward half circles until my face is covered, then I move to my neck and do the same. Far too many people forget the neck!
 Fresh and clean face! Not a speck of residue anywhere in sight! Then, sit on reddit, pet your cat, get a sandwich, whatever you want, for 5-10 minutes before the next step.
First off, WASH YOUR HANDS! No one wants dirty moisturizer! Moisturizing is really important for me. My skin gets awfully dry to the point it flakes if I'm not careful. I use Neutrogena Natural multi-vitamin nourishing moisturizer. While it could moisturize a little better, it is gentle and doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin. So for now this is my moisturizer of choice! I use a dime size dollop and rub it into my skin in small upward circles, making sure to rub it in especially well in my problem dry areas. Wait another 5-10 minutes for it to fully absorb into your skin.
 Now here is the scary part! If there are children in the room have them leave now! I broke out terribly and am going to have to use an acne spot treatment for the next few days. NOW this is a problem for me because of my crazy sensitive skin, no matter what I do its going to dry this space out so its important to be careful here! (again hand washing is a good idea before this step)
 I use Burt's Bees natural spot treatment cream. I use a teeny tiny dab on one finger and dot it on each pimple, then rub again in small circles until it is gone. I have tried about every drug store spot treatment and this is by far the best solution I could come up with. If I find a breakthrough product I will let everyone know!

All fresh and clean and ready for bed!

I hope you all enjoyed my little tutorial! Residual makeup is a HUGE agitator for skin issues and I honestly cannot stress how important it is for women who wear makeup every day! Since I established a proper skincare routine my skin is clearer then it has ever been and slowly but surely getting better! Thanks for reading my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment