Controllers

Controllers

What color would you like to see next from AFK Cosmetics?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 3: Mothers Day Look (a day late)

Today's article is actually yesterdays makeup, I ended up not feeling well and went to sleep without updating. But let me assure you, I thought about it REALLY hard! So, yesterday was Mothers Day and it being such I had a lot of running around to do, visiting in-laws and all that jazz. I wanted to keep my look classic and not over done. I half way succeeded because I went a little crazy by wearing my orange-y Nerdgasm blush, but I loved the look and felt fabulous all day. I do apologize for not having better pictures in this article, the weather was awful yesterday and I could NOT get the light from the windows to cooperate in the slightest, so as a result I had to do some tweaking to get the colors right in the photos.

Hello Waffe's Twins on outer lid, same neutral blending shadow I always use on the inner

I may not look happy in this picture but I thought it showed off the BEAUTIFUL color of the Nerdgasm blush by Geek Chic Cosmetics


The entire look!
For this look I chose Twins (now known as Doormouse), from the Hello Waffle 'Painted Flowers' Collection. I bought this color forever ago and have only worn it once or twice, not because I don't love it but I just have so many neutrals! 

Twins is a light shimmery taup that looks slightly gold, but with a duo chrome that leans more into silver. This color blended very nicely and retained a good amount of its shimmer, and those who know anything about me know how much I LOVE shimmery or glittery shadow. So this fact made me very happy. As for longevity I am not sure, It made it about 5 hours of family affairs but then I took a nap and ruined it. But 5 hours is nothing to sneeze at!

I don't own many Hello Waffle colors, and I'm not quite sure why! They are of amazing quality and honestly the owner was delightful to deal with! I had won this order in an indie makeup contest on Reddit for introducing a fellow makeup lover to the brand. The owner was such a sweetheart about it! She upgraded multiple products from samples to full sizes and tossed in a few extra samples since it was a prize! It completely made my day when I opened my package!

Over all: Twins is a fabulous color for days you want something simple and elegant. I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment