Controllers

Controllers

What color would you like to see next from AFK Cosmetics?

Monday, February 24, 2014

Video game talk!

So! As many of you probably know I'm busy with Monster Hunter 3U right now!

I have played ever MH since Monster Hunter Freedom (the second game for those who don't play)  I even managed to blindly get my way through MH 3G which was only released in Japan. But with a little magical hacking and item recognition I managed to really enjoy it!

For those who don't know MH is an amazing adventure game! There is no real point to it other then becoming stronger (and bragging rights amongst your friends, or in my case husband) At no point in the game do you level up, gain skills, or any of the usual things. The ONLY way to succeed in MH is to kill bigger, badder monsters and carve items off their cold dead bodies. The items you get you use to craft new gear and weapons. Each gear set has special good and bad perks, and slots to add more or remove negative skills.

So many weapon choices! Allow me to rant for a moment!

Sword and Shield, pretty self explanatory
Dual blades, two small short swords for insainly fast DPS, has a special charged up combo move that uses stamina.
Long Sword, basically a big ass katana, normal attack speed, with a special move that you charge up with damage done to a monster
Great Sword, Also pretty self explanatory, big ass sword, it does however allow you to block
Hammer, again... its a hammer... BUT it does great for breaking horns, wings, etc to get special loot
Hunting Horn, used in combat like a hammer, but the user can play 'melodys' to heal, buff, and heal status changes in teammates (the support class of the MH world)
Lance, a big ass lance with a shield...
Switch Axe, a combination between a great sword and a huge axe, in great sword mode it can be shot like a gunlance, in axe mode it has a stamana using ability we lovingly call the 'dempsy roll'
Gunlance, another big ass lance with a shield BUT it can be charged up and give off a big blast of damage +whatever status effect the weapon posesses
Light Bowgun: a highly maneuverable bowgun (obvious)
Heavy bowgun: a more powerful bowgun but characters move sluggish and dodging monsters is difficult
Bow: If you dont know what a bow is... i have no hope for humanity though they are the weakest of them all

Each weapon has its own sharpness, coating (status effect that only works after sufficient damage has been dealt to a monster) etc


NOW! Right now I just made it to Hunter rank 4 last night, and got my full set of G rank Barioth gear! Yay me! Now onto the big boys! My goal at the moment is either the butterfly gear (which I'm always a sucker for!) OR the Azure Rathalos gear! Butterfly for style, Rathalos for skills. I'm mainly a Switch Axe user, but I also rock long swords, and dual blades, depending on what I am hunting at the moment!

Ok... I think that about covers it for the day! Stay tuned for tomorrow when I review some AMAZING Geek Chic eye shadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment